Grade predictions for History Hl

tusonliu

So i was checking the grade boundaries of past years and i found out that in order to get a 7 you only need to get more than 65% of grade. Since the graades are over 150 points, then 65% is around 98 points. Does it mean i would get a 7 if the sum of my IA and papers if i hit higher than 98 points?

Hmmm I don't know what this point thing is, but I do know that it doesn't work like that. For HL, Paper 1= 20% of the grade, Paper 2=30%, Paper 3=30% and IA=20% (I think, I know for certain that the IA is 20 % though). So, you really need to do pretty well all round... If you get 100% in your IA, that only gives you 20% of your grade.

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd stop playing with the numbers and just work your ass off. ;) Or, as I can see you've written all your History papers already, remove History notes from your sight and forget about it. Wait and see how the examiners grade you. I was sure I did better in P2 than P3 and my average peer essay was better on P3. And my IA was marked down HEAVILY. So just chill till you get the results. ;)

• Like 1

LOL just a lil bit ansious... Trying to achieve more than 40... So I ended up checking grade boundaries and found out that in order to achieve 7 only required aprox. 70%. Anyway did exams pretty well and just wanted to assure I would get a 7

If I were you, I'd stop playing with the numbers and just work your ass off. ;) Or, as I can see you've written all your History papers already, remove History notes from your sight and forget about it. Wait and see how the examiners grade you. I was sure I did better in P2 than P3 and my average peer essay was better on P3. And my IA was marked down HEAVILY. So just chill till you get the results. ;)

Since you´ve already finished the IB, what were your grades in each Paper and IA in History???

LOL just a lil bit ansious... Trying to achieve more than 40... So I ended up checking grade boundaries and found out that in order to achieve 7 only required aprox. 70%. Anyway did exams pretty well and just wanted to assure I would get a 7

Since you´ve already finished the IB, what were your grades in each Paper and IA in History???

I remember I for sure got a 7 in P1, I think my IA dropped from a high 7 to a 6, I had 18/40 in P2 and 30/60 in P3.

Remember that there is a reason why it's notoriously hard to get a 7 in history, and this boundary is that low for a reason - it doesn't mean it's easy to get a 7 just because the boundary is below 70% - the boundary is so low because it's so damn hard. I'm not saying you won't, just don't be surprised if examiners are damn hard on you. It took me over a month to get over my scores, and a lot of pointlessly asking my teacher "Do I really write 9 points essays? REALLY?!".

EDIT

Ok, I just checked, my IA was 16/25 after moderation, moderated down from 23.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...