IB Physics Exams

Guest Ngod

I just have some questions about the general exam patterns for IB. These questions concern HL exams.

How hard was the May 2013 exam in comparison with others. Also, what was the hardest exam paper since 1999?

And if possible, please state why the exam was tough/easy or whatever.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

From what I've heard (from my teachers that had a look at the exam) it was relatively easy in 2013. They said that there were hardly any numerical based questions. Mostly definitions and intuitive response questions. As for the hardest paper, no one can really say. It's all so arbitrary; the syllabus changes and the difficulty is adjusted according to the previous year's performance and even then it is only adjusted according to the topic in which the previous two or so batches had done poorly in. There just isn't a direct correlation.

Anyway - the reason that I'm here is to talk about a new youtube channel that I am putting up called "ibphysics" (there's a link at the bottom) which i plan to fill with PROPER and complete lessons regarding the syllabus for the may 2014 examination. I plan to put up the first video by january year (before that if I have time. Check to be safe) and finish the syllabus at least a month before the exams begin. Check it out and tell people

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLG6XTJePnfkSBU06G89LQA

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Regarding my earlier post about the physics tutorials, I cannot find the time! I am swamped with work right not but I have an alternative! There's a guy called "Doc Schuster" on Youtube who has uploaded a video for every AP physics topic. AP physics is practically identical to IB physics HL. The order is a little different and you can go ahead and break your head and keep with the IB syllabus or learn according the the sequence of his playlists (which are more coherent). His definitions can be a little vague at times so it'd be best if you kept a definitions list (simple google search should leave you with a good one) and list definitions as you go. I'll see if I can make any videos later on.