Experiments in Environmental Systems and Societies and Grades

6hikaru6

I have a biology EE, but my advisor said I can get switched into environmental systems because I'm more interested in ecology. I know that experiments in biology tend to get higher scores, but is the same true for environmental systems? I'm having a hard time finding something I could do an experiment on and so I'm considering just staying in biology.

Edited by 6hikaru6

No, i'm asking about if i need to do an experiment in order to get a better grade

ahhh...sorry i misread the question.

I think that for ESS it really depends on your topic. For e.g. if it's a global issue, then doing an experiment would be quite challenging, if not impossible, but on the other hand if your EE is based on a more specific topic then experimenting and deriving your own results would be a good idea.

In conclusion, an extended essay in ESS doesn't always require you to do an experiment! (at least in my opinion)

However, it's best to ask your advisor or any ESS teacher in your school. They're the best places to seek answers for queries on such a matter. ;)

Good Luck!

Edited by Jane500
  • Like 1