Do you like school?

Sockminister

I know this might seem like a rather odd question, but I hope you get what I mean. My question is simply what relationship you have to going to school/doing the IB-programme. Do you see it solely as a torture, or do you actually enjoy it sometimes?

Since I started the preparatory year a few months back, I've started to really like school again. Even though some of the lessons are a little hard, we've got loads of homework and I sometimes struggle with the English, I am so happy that I decided to do the IB. For the first time in years I'm actually motivated, my teachers are great and every time I go home I'm genuinely excited about how much I've learnt. Of course I don't always feel like that, especially not the nights before deadlines etc. But so far it's all worth it and for the first time in my life I actually do homework, and I take notes every lesson and I'm looking forward to school. You get my point.

Edited by Sockminister
  • Like 1

This. I've always found most classes a bit boring, as I suspect everybody does, but after starting the diploma and being able to choose what subjects I can study, it's been a lot more interesting for me. Having great teachers and friends in my classes this year has helped as well, but I definitely think my relationship with the IB program is a lot better than I thought it would be.

So yes! I guess I do enjoy school, no matter how nerdy it might sound...

• Like 1

Yes. You should appreciate you have the opportunity to go to school and do IBDP. You are more fortunate than many people int he world who don't have this opportunity. You know that millions of kids go through child labor, human trafficking and other horrifying experiences.

I am grateful that I get to go to school. Yes there are times when things get stressful or you feel it is unfair. But, just try your best :D

Also think of all the things you have learned from taking IB classes and doing IA's and the EE. I hope you are not struggling too much!

Anyways here some quotes:

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

Nelson Mandela

From Brainy Quote

“Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons." Malala Yousafzai, the schoolgirl who was shot in the head by the Taliban for wanting an education and survived, in her keynote speech to the United Nations, 12th July 2013.”

From Good Reads

Have a nice weekend!

• Like 2

Of course! It's amazing to have teachers that actually care, and I actually became interested again in school once I joined Pre-IB and IB simply because the work that I did was appreciated by my teachers. Besides, I've got 4 years of high school total, and the IB is offered. Might as well make the decision to join the IB, work hard, possibly freak out over deadlines, but enjoy myself at the same time because I know that I am actually spending my time on something that I enjoy (most of the time).

• Like 1