Help with subjects!

IBmajjsan

Hi!

I'm in the pre-ib and about to choose my subjects for the Diploma Programme, but I'm not sure about what to choose. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me and tell me if this is a good setup!

This is what I'm thinking about:

HL: Psychology
English (English is not my mother tongue, but it is one of my best subjects)
Philosophy (if Music is not possible)

SL: Swedish
Mathematics (standard lvl)
Biology

I'm not that interested in literature, so I would prefer to not study that much literature (even if I have to)!

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey :)

Although I may have some bias, (see: my username) I can't recommend HL Psychology highly enough! In my opinion, I think it is a fun and genuinely interesting subject, and I honestly look forward to these lessons most of all my subjects (HL History, Biology and SL Russian AB, Maths Studies and English Lit). It follows a really good course spec and I just think it's the best :)

If you aren't keen on literature, I'm not sure about HL English-mind you, it depends on the genre that your school studies...also agree on Maths Studies being the way forward :P

Good Luck! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't drop to Math Studies, unless you plan on doing something that is not related to Math at all. But anyways, I still recommend the course as it is fairly challenging and it might open you to how interesting Math courses are later on. The rest seems perfectly fine in my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you want to study psychology/business then do math SL. Nevertheless, if you were absolutely sure that you want to do humanities (history, history of art, languages etc...) then drop to math studies. I did that and I can see how my grades in other subjects have improved. Math SL is really demanding and I had to spent much more time on it than on my HLs which just didn't make sense for me.