Help with bibliography and citatations

abdelrahman

I just finished my extended essay, the subject that i choose was English B where I choose a book and analyzed something about it related to the time when the book was written.

I am doing my bibliography should i put the book analyzed in my bibliography, also about how many sources should be used and do they grade me down for using the internet as my only source?

Also when inserting quotations in the body of the essay should i cite them after the quotes with brackets(book name, page) or should i write it in the footnotes as in:

[1] book name and page.

I really appreciate the help.

When writing your bibliography, you definitely need to include the work that was analyzed as well as all of the sources that were used. Having many sources is best since it was such a long essay requiring a lot of information which should have been gathered from various sources. In-text citations are best, but you would put the author, not the book title. An in-text citation would look like this: ...(Author's last name, page number). Good luck and congratulations on finishing your extended essay!