Hello,

I am currently in IB 2 and I take business and management SL
and my IA topic is analysis of a company opening up another company(result of a merger) in another country and how it would impact the country(the economy, government, citizens, competitors etc). So basically starting up a new company in a new market.

And.. I have a small doubt about the IA

As the syllabus says I can only write my IA on problems that are related to what I have learned in IB but says nothing about the solutions..

So..can I not use the decision making tools that are not in my syllabus? for example Porters Five forces or the five C's..

And if I can't use the tools that are out of the syllabus then can I get few suggestion?

Any response would be helpful and highly appreciated! :D

Thank you. :)

I'm in ibdp 2 as well, and i'm doing my ee in bnm HL, i had one decision tool (the branding pyramid) that i used and that wasn't in my syllabus, all my teacher said was be careful since its not in your syllabus, but i believe that you are allowed to use tools that are not in your syllabus, but make sure they are used in the right context, don't put it just just to put something there.

hoped that helped :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...