Am i the only one feeling like this

fufufuufufufufuuu

i never wanted to actually do IB. as fun as it sounds, there's one thing that scares me: assignments

I find myself taking too much time researching, etc, as I dont really know how to do my EEs IAs TOKs

Ive done all of them, but have to repair a lot, in order to save my precious grades.

I REALLY WANT TO STUDY FOR IB EXAM AND THESE ASSIGNMENTS ARE HOLDING BACK.

im tired of this, IB. I've dedicated sooo much time for IB. It's like im an IB slave.

HOW CAN PPL HELP ME!?!?

I WISH I COULD JUST PAY PEOPLE TO DO THESE ASSIGNMENTS.

AND I THINK IVE BECOME THE MOST PARANOID PERSON I KNOW EVER SINCE I CAME TO IB.

IVE ALWAYS BEEN PARANOID, BUT IT GETS WORSE IN IB.

i sometimes think i have a mental probs

is this normal?

i just want to go to a friggin university.

Edited by fufufuufufufufuuu

I think you are stressed. But you already figured this one out. Spend some time on these important assignments and utilize holidays and weekends to study for exams. Also be sure to relax and take a break. What do you do outside of classes and studying? I think CAS is a great opportunity to do some fun activities outside classes but I am sure there are also other things you could do which could also be relaxing (like even reading a good book).

"We are always getting ready to live but never living."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

i never wanted to actually do IB. as fun as it sounds, there's one thing that scares me: assignments

I find myself taking too much time researching, etc, as I dont really know how to do my EEs IAs TOKs

Ive done all of them, but have to repair a lot, in order to save my precious grades.

I REALLY WANT TO STUDY FOR IB EXAM AND THESE ASSIGNMENTS ARE HOLDING BACK.

im tired of this, IB. I've dedicated sooo much time for IB. It's like im an IB slave.

HOW CAN PPL HELP ME!?!?

I WISH I COULD JUST PAY PEOPLE TO DO THESE ASSIGNMENTS.

AND I THINK IVE BECOME THE MOST PARANOID PERSON I KNOW EVER SINCE I CAME TO IB.

IVE ALWAYS BEEN PARANOID, BUT IT GETS WORSE IN IB.

i sometimes think i have a mental probs

is this normal?

i just want to go to a friggin university.

I can understand you- the work load is way too much what with all the IAs and EE, CAS TOK etc!

But what keeps me going is the fact that I know that all of these assignments make up a fair chunk of my IB grade- so I reason that if I do really well on these, I'm investing in my grades, so to speak.

As for saving time, why not ask around here? I'm sure tons of people would be glad to help you... after all, we're all going through the same thing :)

And yes- perfectly normal if that's what you're worried about! I find venting works best...(I've actually screamed "I just want to get into a university!" at one of my poor friends) and then relaxing for a bit; or maybe just sleeping early?

It's about striking the balance really. Only less than a year- keep it up!

You need to learn time management and how to prioritize your assignments. Yes, the IB is a lot of work, but university workloads are much more than IB's. If you're struggling now to keep up with assignments, even if you get into a university, you're going to struggle until you figure out how to keep a balance in your life.

There are lots of resources out there to help you with assignments. You have your teachers who should have some idea how to do IAs. If they don't, there are lots of guides on the Internet that you can use to figure out what you're doing. Also, you're on IBSurvival, what better place to ask how to do an IA, if an EE topic is appropriate, what to include in a TOK essay, etc? Figure out what you have to do before you start the assignment, and you'll save yourself a lot of time down the road because you won't have to completely re-do it two or three additional times.

When you do an assignment, try to make it the best you can the FIRST time you do it. Revisions are always important after you write them, but don't write an awful first draft because you know you can redo it later. A lot of people in my school did this with world literature papers. We officially did them at the end of IB1, but since they weren't getting sent off until mid IB2, most people just did something to turn in under the impression that they would just do them properly in IB2. Well, IB2 hit and that's when the language orals began, TOK presentations were, EEs were due, and just applying to universities in general, and the only major assignment done at the end of IB1 that wouldn't have been difficult to complete had to get added into everything else that was due. Don't do that. Do it well the first time so the only thing you have to do are edits, not write a new paper each time.

Prioritize your assignments. If you've got two IAs, one being due next week and one being due in a month, for the love of God why would you start the one due in a month (unless it was a long assignment like a history IA) if you still had to complete the one due in a week?

Get a calendar, use some computer app, get a timetable, get anything that would let you see when things are due and use it. I have a white board near my bed that I write down all my homework on for the week as well as any upcoming midterm exams so things can't sneak up on me or I forget them, and when I finish it I erase it from my list.

Stop being so paranoid. You probably did better on your assignments than you think you did. A 45 isn't necessary to get into university in most cases, and being paranoid is bad for your mental, emotional, and physical health. See a professional if you need to, but stop stressing. It's really not that big of a deal. And university's only harder.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Guys Can anyone help me.......I ma in IB-1 ie. 11th Grade in India.....I am stressed out because of my subjects and also a lot of work. Can anyone tell me how can i manage things right?? Teachers are teaching at a very slow pace and I am very worried about the IB exams every time. Please help!!!

You're in 11th grade, there's no point hurrying things along. Your teachers will finish their syllabi in time, I'm certain of it.

For more advice on time management and destressing, I'd read Emmi's and the others' posts above.