Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chemistry.chelsea

Lab Report
Chem IA question help...

so we have to so an ia...that could potentialy be a design DCP and CE...

i love titrations so i came up with this question

How do the classes of alcohol (primary sec. tert.) affect the enthalpy of neutralization of a strong base (NaOH) and strong Acid (HCl)?

my question is... is that possible? becuase for what im doing i cant use NaOH i would have to use a primary secondary and tertiary alcohols against their conjugate acid.

i just need reassurance that im on the right path...

also what are your views on this...is it do-able? does it make sense?

any suggestions are welcome too! id really just like to do a titrations because its been forever!

How do the classes of alcohol (primary sec. tert.) affect the enthalpy of neutralization of a strong base (NaOH) and strong Acid (HCl)?

my question is... is that possible? becuase for what im doing i cant use NaOH i would have to use a primary secondary and tertiary alcohols against their conjugate acid.

any suggestions are welcome too! id really just like to do a titrations because its been forever!

Unfortunately your aim does not make much sense.

Enthalpy of neutralisation is the energy released when 1 mole of water is formed from the reaction between an acid and a base. It does not involve alcohols at any stage!