Ethical judgments limit the methods available in the production of knowledge in both of the arts and sciences.

I chose this topic for my TOK essay, i clearly defined ethical judgments i stated that they vary from region to region and culture to culture, i give personal examples where my teacher's ethical judgments limited me to use animals for the science experiment and to draw a nude sketch of a women. I used examples in the sciences where ethical judgments limit the methods in stem cells research, and give a specific example of animal testing in GRU university and i gave counterclaims of alternatives to animal testing. IN the arts i included controversial art pieces and i even gave specific examples where ethical judgments limited the methods available by banning the displacement of the arts pieces and i gave counterclaims where ethical judgments caused artist to produce great pieces of arts like PIcasso in Guernica, my conclusion was not so good but i got a D for my essay. Does anyone have suggestions on how can improve my essay to get a B or an A grade? what do they mean by methods in the arts? and should i be more specific?

I chose this topic for my TOK essay, i clearly defined ethical judgments i stated that they vary from region to region and culture to culture, i give personal examples where my teacher's ethical judgments limited me to use animals for the science experiment and to draw a nude sketch of a women. I used examples in the sciences where ethical judgments limit the methods in stem cells research, and give a specific example of animal testing in GRU university and i gave counterclaims of alternatives to animal testing. IN the arts i included controversial art pieces and i even gave specific examples where ethical judgments limited the methods available by banning the displacement of the arts pieces and i gave counterclaims where ethical judgments caused artist to produce great pieces of arts like PIcasso in Guernica, my conclusion was not so good but i got a D for my essay. Does anyone have suggestions on how can improve my essay to get a B or an A grade? what do they mean by methods in the arts? and should i be more specific?

It's not too clear- did your teacher give you any feedback? But from what I can gather, your essay would benefit from.....

Perhaps methods as in how the art itself is produced?

Maybe you needed more links between the two AOK, as well the WOK?

Also cliche examples tend to not impress many TOK teachers, so that might be one thing to keep in mind. Picasso is really commonly cited, as well Marcel Duchamp in relation to arts in TOK essays, so that might be a turning point.

Also, your examples should encourage exploration, rather than just answering the set question- you should be linking it to TOK issues. Your stance also needs to be stated at the start of the TOK essay.

All personal experience, so I can't be sure if your school prefers another method.