Tok our teacher passed away...

Pierre Reynaud

Hi, guys
well my teacher was in the hospital she had lung cancer and she was fighting but didn't make it...
and I was wondering what is going to happen next ? if someone has seen a situation like this and by the way because she was at the hospital we ( not me) did our presentations and record them on a camera so that she could mark them from the hospital. But we haven't done our essay yet. :S
Thanks

I am feeling sorry for your teacher, may her soul rest in peace. Well as for your TOK go and talk to IB coordinator and ask her to make some temporary arrangements. Make sure you do it right now, because it is the duty of your coordinator to hire part time teachers. If in case it does not happens ( I am not saying to give up, pressurize coordinator as much as you can). If you happen to know any friends studying in other IB schools, maybe you can ask for their help. Or suggest coordinator to take help from TOK teachers from other IB school, if he has contact. Make sure you do it quickly, it should not affect your studies.

• Like 1

Hi, guys

well my teacher was in the hospital she had lung cancer and she was fighting but didn't make it...

and I was wondering what is going to happen next ? if someone has seen a situation like this and by the way because she was at the hospital we ( not me) did our presentations and record them on a camera so that she could mark them from the hospital. But we haven't done our essay yet. :S

Thanks

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm guessing that you would have another teacher in order to take place of your former ToK teacher, so that the assignments can be graded and assessed.

• Like 1

Crikey. A person dies and we worry about a TOK assignment ! Sorry, but I think the priorities are skewed, just a little ... Imagine if this were your mother being talked about and you stumbled on this thread....

There is a family or relatives out there missing someone really important in their lives.

If reassurance for a major assignment is what you are after, then think this: every teacher in a school is easily and quickly replaced by another (judging from the comments, I take it we all agree) the normal functioning of the school and classes is therefore assured, despite "unforeseen circumstances".

She died with work on her hands... Unbelievable.

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 4