To what extent is IB worth all the mental instability and frustration?

fufufuufufufufuuu

it's kind of weird to me when people gave me advices like don't procrastinate and all because as far as i know ive never really procrastinated in any work (ok maybe the definition of procrastinatee is too vague). It kinda frustrates me because I work like crazy (but most of the time i really dont know how to do my IAs and such, and most of time spent doing 'research') and it took me longgg time to do it (and yet i still dunno whether my IAs are good enough or not). It's sort of not a good advice for me :/ idk why im working so bloody harder than everyone and still struggles. Back in the days in my old school i just plagiarised (or maybe copy past and adjust) my friend's courseworks (u know in IB we cant friggin do tht), and the only thing im good at is exams, but now exams like maths hl is crashing me down and my confidence level dropped drastically~

i guess the only useful advice ive received was be critical. but how? lalala sorry for the random rant

Edited by fufufuufufufufuuu

it's kind of weird to me when people gave me advices like don't procrastinate and all because as far as i know ive never really procrastinated in any work (ok maybe the definition of procrastinatee is too vague). It kinda frustrates me because I work like crazy (but most of the time i really dont know how to do my IAs and such, and most of time spent doing 'research') and it took me longgg time to do it (and yet i still dunno whether my IAs are good enough or not). It's sort of not a good advice for me :/ idk why im working so bloody harder than everyone and still struggles. Back in the days in my old school i just plagiarised (or maybe copy past and adjust) my friend's courseworks (u know in IB we cant friggin do tht), and the only thing im good at is exams, but now exams like maths hl is crashing me down and my confidence level dropped drastically~

i guess the only useful advice ive received was be critical. but how? lalala sorry for the random rant.

Although you work harder, I feel that you are focusing more on quantity than quality. And second thing is that if you are over exert yourself then you can no longer concentrate on your work completely. During that time relax and read some books or novels. That will help you to be more creative in terms of doing your written work especially in languages. By the way I am surprised, your previous school did not notice the similarity between your homework and friends :D Plagiarism is strict in IB but in other boards also if any teacher noticed any plagiarized work they will cut the marks of those who have copied and then you agree to copy his book. And also the reason you spend long time in research is that you previously depended on coping your friends work. So infact what other IB students can do the quality work within 3 hours, you might take 8 hrs and that too he quality may not be necessarily good just because you used to copy other's work and did not have a habit of doing your own work (sorry to sound harsh, but that's what I feel) So you should understand concept and apply it skillfully (this should have done long time ago, but anyway do it). Hope I helped you :)

What exactly is stressing you out? Is it a specific subject? Maybe an assignment?

Maybe maths HL (but i think i can improve by practicing at least 20 questions a day)... and how close I am to getting a 6 in Business.. and also how I dont really remember things (reading subjects eg: bio to me is quite hard but im surprised i still got 6-7 for my econs and business almost a 6 cause i BS all the time on those papers - but i do take them seriously cause i know im weak at remembering things)

My study style in my previous school is totalyy different from in IB. Now I'm struggling to find a good technique. I used to study all the time (cause I really appreciate time, and study whenever I can - i still do tht in IB but i think it doesnt work and it's making me stressed out). And by study i mean is read... and make some notes and do textbook exercises once in a while - but mostly my time is occupied stressing about IAs LOL i do study groups too back then, but in my college/IB, most people here prefer studying alone, and sometimes i noticed them not really liking me being in their room cause they want to study alone.. so hmmmmmm

Maths used to be my strongest subject, and then Physics and Chemistry.. But I guess my country's education system is not as good as IB's.. I noticed Maths at HL really emphasized on applications and very high level critical thinking

I have no probs with CAS cause i joined the orchestra~~ enjoyed every moment of it XD

But mostly.. Internal Assessments, EE and TOK.

cause I'm not used to writing research papers.. I felt so clueless and helpless while writing it.. and it takes me forever to start writing it.. Now I'm on my way to repairing it

Maybe I should be more organised..

Edited by fufufuufufufufuuu

• 4 weeks later...

It is not worth it.

What hurts the most is how useless all the work is. And the argument of "The rest of your life will be easy afterwards" is not a valid one.

People who do not do IB can actually go out there and do stuf they are interested and know, that will be beneficial to them e.g paint, sculpt, read, travel. People who do IB spend free days doing IAs which will be forgotten the minute they are completed.