Personal Statement

Hooman Tavassolian

I know it's funny to even discuss about such issues but I don't know what else to do. I wrote the PS and used my creativity but my coordinator is not satisfied with that, since it's not like others, breath taking and demanding or stunning. I don't know what is my fault that I don't have such sad or stressful or eminent background story to talk about like the samples I saw.

To what extent do the US universities care about PS? what if sb has not had any breath taking back ground story to talk about but has a quiet good application? I would be so thankful if any one can help..

Thanks

P.s I am applying via Common App.

Well, i can assure you that most of students applying will have no stories to tell. To be honest, removing the topic of your choice was a horrible decision, the topics aren't attractive at all and can only be written by few students.

Never the less, you should focus on your PS, it carries a great deal of importance. I have read online many PS examples were such trivial stories were intelligently formulated to an exciting and funny story. Make sure that you represent yourself the way you are, the whole point of the personal statement is getting to know you!

I recommend that you would apply ASAP! Alot of universities have deadlines 1st of Jan.

Good luck with your PS,

-Fiz

• Like 1