Math SL IA 2013-2014

Scarlet Potter

Hello! I'm having a bit of trouble with my math IA. I chose to do it on time dilation, since I am really passionate about space and time and I thought it would be quite interesting. Except I have a bit of a problem, I can't seem to figure out my thesis. I was planning on making this an investigation about the effects of time dilation, it's applications, and significance but I can't seem to form a thesis from that.

I would be much obliged to any suggestions or help, thank you!

I was planning on making this an investigation about the effects of time dilation, it's applications, and significance but I can't seem to form a thesis from that.

This sounds too descriptive for a math IA. So before you formulate your thesis I think you should think of a more mathematical investigation and in it talk about these things you want to talk about - with them you'll probably score well on personal engagement and reflection. You need to have math in your IA and since you're in SL it needn't be too complicated, something within the SL syllabus is perfect. I don't know anything about time dilation, but maybe do some calculations as examples of its application which will allow you to talk about its effect and significance?