People look down on me :(

Fzierah

Hey everyone

My friends is having this prob . Im totally sympathy with her. But with other helps may probably lighten her problem .

Would u mind to share any of ur opinions ?

For example : ur classmates look down on u cause of ur lowest marks in class for overall subjects . U lose ur confidence to speak up in class and give opinions , u turn to be a taciturn student , u cant do presentation well in class due to all causes . U cant even focus in class and end up stuttering too muchh when speaking in front of people even ur own friends . All of those negative attitude is too different with the old u . And now she's giving up in everything .

Euwww they're too jerks . Im totally sad for her . She's one of my best friends .

I hope u guys can share ur better opinions and tips ?

I think you should be there for her, boost her confidence! Help her study, make sure she improves all her grades! Then people will look up to her for how she grabbed life and pulled it in the direction she wanted :) I've had that problem too, to be honest, and the only solution is to decide "are you gonna be what they say you are? or are you going to be who you want to be?". I decided to be myself, started studying, focusing, looked up presentation tips, and just didn't care anymore :) One tip, so she is isn't so nervous when doing a presentation, imagine everyone in the room is either naked or a watermelon. Good luck! Hope she'll get better! Tell her that, trust me, everything will be okay! :tongue:

A method that I find works really well if you feel inadequate or lacking confidence is "fake it 'til you make it." Tell yourself how awesome you are and they you're totally going to smash the next test or IA. After a while you actually start to become what you've been telling yourself you are.

Also, as her friend, one of the best things you can do is compliment her and point our the good things she does. If she does better than she thought she would on a test, point that out to her and congratulate her. Even something like if she does her hair differently tell her how cool it looks. She's probably filling her head with lots of negative thoughts, so if you're able to counteract that in anyway hopefully it'll help her.