TOK essays question!

ibfederer

How weird. I'm not actually sure but I'd assume you ought to do the May 2014 questions. Did you upload your essays to the IB website?

If nobody here knows then I'd ask your IB Co-ordinator as soon as possible, just in case they've accidentally got you to do the wrong thing. The IB is really a 2 year course and not a 1 year course, i.e. you're meant to take TOK in small doses for both years rather than demolishing it in one, so there may well be some confusion here.

How weird. I'm not actually sure but I'd assume you ought to do the May 2014 questions. Did you upload your essays to the IB website?

If nobody here knows then I'd ask your IB Co-ordinator as soon as possible, just in case they've accidentally got you to do the wrong thing. The IB is really a 2 year course and not a 1 year course, i.e. you're meant to take TOK in small doses for both years rather than demolishing it in one, so there may well be some confusion here.

LOL, yes I know our school is new so it's no surprise. To clarify, I had one semester of TOK in the 11th grade (Jan-May 2013) and one semester of TOK in the 12th grade (Aug-Dec 2013). We did our TOK essay in the second semester of TOK though.

I'll ask my IB Co-ordinator however. And, I apologize if this sounds unintelligent, but how do you upload your essays to the IB Website and what is the link? Thanks!

LOL, yes I know our school is new so it's no surprise. To clarify, I had one semester of TOK in the 11th grade (Jan-May 2013) and one semester of TOK in the 12th grade (Aug-Dec 2013). We did our TOK essay in the second semester of TOK though.

I'll ask my IB Co-ordinator however. And, I apologize if this sounds unintelligent, but how do you upload your essays to the IB Website and what is the link? Thanks!

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/18978-instructions-on-how-to-upload-your-tok-essay-pdf/

That should explain it. Uploading essays was after my time so I'll leave it to the link to help you!

You need to upload the essay to have officially submitted it (to my understanding) so the fact that you haven't is a sign that you probably haven't finished properly with TOK!

But yeah, ask your IBC because I really don't know the answer!

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/18978-instructions-on-how-to-upload-your-tok-essay-pdf/

That should explain it. Uploading essays was after my time so I'll leave it to the link to help you!

You need to upload the essay to have officially submitted it (to my understanding) so the fact that you haven't is a sign that you probably haven't finished properly with TOK!

But yeah, ask your IBC because I really don't know the answer!

OK, thanks a lot! :) Just to give you an idea of our progress, we haven't uploaded anything, not even our E.E.

I know you said your teacher said you should do the Nov 2013 titles, but is he/she really really sure? I mean, since you're a May 2014 candidate, wouldn't it make more sense to do May 2014's titles? I know we did May 2013's title when our exam session was May 2013. I could be wrong, but maybe you should check with your IBC again or check with he others here? Like it's better to be safe with this kind of stuff.

Edited by -._._.-

I also think you should clarify with your teacher again. Otherwise ask your teacher to clarify with IBO.

Since you have not uploaded your essay, it means you are going to upload it within this or next month.

Everyone uploading during this time will upload the May 2014 essay. Only you and your school mates will upload the Nov 2013 essays. Don't you think it's a little odd to submit a November 2013 essay in 2014, when the examiners are already done with the Nov 2013 essays and have so called closed the case for the Nov 2013 essays?

You may have finished TOK lessons in school, but you have not been assessed for it nor even given a final IB grade for it. You will be assessed for 2014, so I really think you should be doing the May 2014 titles.

I have a question regarding TOK Essays: I am class of May 2014, so do I choose from the May 2014 titles or November 2013? The reason is, is because our TOK class ended last year and we therefore wrote our TOK essays by choosing from prescribed titles from November 2013.

Hey there,

I was highly suspicious when you said you were class of May 14, and yet were doing Nov 13 titles. You then mentioned that you haven't submitted your essay yet (I was thinking perhaps your teacher had entered you guys for ToK a session earlier, but if you haven't submitted your essay, then obviously not).

It is very important to know that if you teacher/IB Coordinator/school screws up, it is still you that will receive a bad or defaulted grade.

Hence, I think you should check with you coordinator again, and send an email to the IB asap. Since you are in a new IB school, it is vital that you take control of your IB diploma, instead of relying on your school.

Judging by this, I'd also suggest taking every other instruction your school gives you about IB coursework with a healthy dose of skepticism. Make sure you check it.

Edited by yii yann