What does your schedule look like?

laurz

I had four classes a day, each being 90 minutes long. There was a short break between the third and fourth class of the day. I took a total of 8 classes, 4 being on one day (A Day) and the other four being on the other day (B Day), and they would alternate A, B, A, B, A, etc. Most of my classes were all year long, with the exception of TOK that was split into two semester classes (half a year class) that you took the first one in IB1, and the second in IB2.

It sucked. Uni schedules are way better.

• Like 1

We used to have 10 lesson slots a day, each one 40 minutes, with a 15 minute break in the morning and a 15 minute break in the afternoon. Except for Thursday when we had 3 lessons in one morning and started 40 minutes earlier, so 11 slots. Almost all the IB lessons were double lessons, so an hour and 20 minutes.

As the IB = the reject timetable, we had to slot in with the A Level timetable so we had lots of lunchtime lessons or lessons that ran either side of a breaktime and therefore consumed the break. One year I definitely had a day every week where I started at 8:40 and didn't have a break until 13:20, which I hated. If you had a 'complete' lunch hour then it was equivalent to two lesson slots, but I'd say 4 days out of 5 I had a 40 minute lunch.

Anyway we did all subjects plus TOK for both years every single week. The timetable repeated every 5 days so basically every week had the same Monday to Friday, although it did change between IB1 and IB2. It was tedious, and we didn't have any CAS time scheduled in school.

...quite long ago now!

• Like 1

Guest Marioti

I have 5 classes a day the first one being the longest of 1h 15min

the rest is regular hour or 50 min

I have loads of spare though so everyday I get 1 -3 free classes so it's pretty chill ;)

6 lessons a day, 50 minutes each. in year 12 we had 4 CAS periods (well two 50 minute sessions twice a week) and double tok, this year we have 5 CAS periods and a single tok, which will be over after our essays are handed in (deadline next Friday woop! :D). We have a 1 week timetable so our lessons are always the same each week. In year 12 we had 2 lessons, form time or assembly, break, 2 lessons, lunch and then the last 2 lessons. This year we have 2 lessons, break, form time or assembly, 1 lesson, lunch, and then 3 lessons. Our school schedules lunch and break times for year 12 and 13 separately because there's way too many of us :P (total = 500+ IB students)

My school is on a new (and ridiculous) AB8 schedule. This means that we go to four classes on A days (Tuesdays and Thusdays) and go to the other four on B days (Wednesdays and Fridays) each class is 90 minutes on these days except for third period which is about 30 to 40 minutes longer for lunches. On Mondays we go to all 8 classes for 45 minutes each and an hour lunch period in between the first four and the second four. The worst part is on 8 days they alternate so you go to A1 then B1 then A2 and so forth. My classes are as followed:

A1-IB History 2

B1-Human Experience Honors

A2-IB English 2

B2-IB Theater 2

A3-IB Geography (the worst and most useless class I have ever taken besides Freshman Seminar)

B3-IB TOK 2 (Mondays are workdays so for 45 minutes you get to do any forgotten homework...or sleep)

A4-AP Statistics

B4-IB Spanish

My school has seven classes a day for about 50 minutes each except for on Wednesdays when school is an hour later to accommodate teacher meetings, so classes are 30 minutes with an advisory period which is basically a study hall. We have TOK as a zero hour class that starts an hour before school three days a week.

wirehe.jpg

... This is how my schedule looks like. Feeling okay about it though! :teehee: I am 90% sure that it will remain the same for the rest of IBDP, and I think we have TOK for two years, since it's only 2 hours per week.

If you wondered: Breaks are between each period, but 10 minutes break after every two periods (if that made sense, hahah). Lunch is 50 minutes long, between 4th and 5th period, and I ain't complaining!

(24-hour clock for the win!)

Edited by spacescampi

I only have three timetables out of my six semesters as an example but it should give you some idea of what it's like in Iceland (lol, it's not really relevant for anybody, but it's an interesting difference to other IB schools). I had a few more classes in Pre-IB compared to actual IB but I can't find any timetable from back then, and I had 3 classes less than everyone else in my grade because I had Economics online. We always got a new timetable every semester (new one in August which lasted to December, and then a new one in January which lasts til May).

Timetable 2012 - Second semester of IB

post-50100-0-34034900-1390992307_thumb.p

Third semester of IB

post-50100-0-61444700-1390992357_thumb.p

Last semester of IB

post-50100-0-20697100-1390992379_thumb.p

Most of the classes were pointless, we had to self study almost everything.