Overcoming Senioritis

Taisei Yamada

Hi,
I received an acceptance letter from my first choice university saying that I have been accepted unconditionally (with a scholarship), and they said that they won't cancel the offer but they expect me to maintain a decent grade in my second semester.
But ever since then I have just been slacking off and daydreaming like never before. Even in study hall I used to study all the time, but now I'm just reading mangas despite I have to prepare for my upcoming mock exam.
What do you guys do to overcome this inevitable suffrage of laziness?

I'm in a similar situation as you! Honestly, I think it's a matter of disciplining yourself and making sure that you think of the long-term consequences of your current actions? But sadly, it's easier said then done. :( I too find myself reading mangas, playing games, watching movies etc. I don't think there's a simple solution and it all comes down to you and the decisions that you decide to make, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on the same boat. I got accepted to my top college except...my college will withdraw my application if I don't keep my grades up which stinks a lot because I'm so lazy right now. I don't want to do work...I don't want to do anything! just to play some video games and listen to music and maybe read some mangas as well!

But, it comes down to discipline. What I like to do is do my work but with PLENTY of breaks. Or, you can schedule yourself from time A to time B to do homework and then the rest of the time later on can be fun time.

It's hard but we all have to do it unfortunately :/

Guest Skyrior

Unpopular opinion:

Don't actively overcome it. Assuming you've finished all your IAs and CAS (about time), there really isn't anything left but the exams. Just revise casually (~2 hours /day) and it will be fine.