Business & Management or Psych?

So my school is doing course selection for next year right now, and I have to choose my IB courses. I've chosen everything except what my group three is going to be. I can either take Psych HL or Business and Management HL, my class will be the first year to be able to take B+M. I have a couple of different questions, did people find B+M helpful in university? Part of why I want to take B+M is to see whether or not I want to go into business, will B+M actually help me with that? How time consuming is it? What about compared to Psych? Level of difficulty of Psych as compared to the level of difficulty to Business? Do I have a decent chance of getting a 7 in either? Which course is more interesting/enjoyable? + Any other information you think might be helpful, sorry for all the questions!

The other courses I'm taking:

English HL

French SL

Biology SL

Math SL

Theatre HL

Thank you!

I didn't do Psych, but I did do B&M HL. I think B&M would be helpful in university for certain degrees, but not so much for others. For example, if you wanted to do Business, then what you learnt in B&M would be helpful. If you wanted to do science at uni, then not so much. I think B&M will give you an idea of whether you want to go into business, but if it's just for this reason, you could always research what people have written online about going into business (I'm also unsure if you mean just finding a job in the corporate world or actually starting your own business).

I personally did not find B&M too time consuming - I find that if you understand the content, then there's no need to actually memorise anything except for a few specific tools/formulas that aren't given. However, different people have different strengths/weaknesses, and some people do find this subject very time consuming to study for (there is a lot of content). If you can understand the concepts and write fairly well in answering exam questions, then I believe B&M is not too hard (historically it has quite low grade boundaries), but others may disagree with me.

From what I've generally heard around my school, Psych is also a fairly good subject to do, but I don't know anything about how one might perceive its level of difficulty. You definitely have a decent chance of getting a 7 in either, provided you put in the relevant effort. And the course more enjoyable/interesting would be dependent on your personal interests/preferences and what you'd prefer to learn -- if you're not sure about this, try reading the syllabus of each subject and try and find out which sounds more interesting to learn about? Hope this helps :)

Glad to hear that :) Ooh well if you do end up owning a company then I think it'd definitely be useful to have some business knowledge.

I'm no expert at all, but I hear that in U.S./Canada unis B&M is sometimes considered a "soft subject" as compared to something like Economics or History. I'm not exactly sure which between B&M and Psych would be more desirable overall, but for the degress you're considering, I would presume B&M, since it's more related to the degrees. Hope this helps, even if it was somewhat vague :)