Formatting cover page

ibfederer

There's no specific format for a cover page, you just need to have your title/research question, name, candidate number, center number, word count and I also put my teacher's/supervisor's name. Some coursework will also require a submission date on the front cover and you might want to put your school's name but I didn't because the center number corresponds to your school anyway.

EE's cover page is given by IBO.

I never had a cover page for any of my IA. Same for TOK.

I just typed all the necessary details in the header.

There's official cover pages for IAs and EE which are given to us by the IB to fill in. I'm not sure if all IAs have an official cover page (the only ones we've had is for English World Lit. and Spanish written assignment) TOK essay doesn't have one I think, because it's uploaded electronically.

Edited by sameera95

The cover sheet is something you'll be given at your school when the teachers have printed out the final version and are ready to send it off to IBO. This is an official IBO document, so you don't have to worry about formatting at all. :-)

You'll need this cover sheet for both the IA and the EE, but not for your ToK essay as that one is handed in electronically on their website.

On all the documents that you have to hand in, you'll need to make a title page, however, including the following:

- The title of the text

- What type of text it is (Extended Essay, Internal Assessment, etc.)

- Subject (I actually don't know if this is necessary, I've just always done it)

- Name and candidate number

- Word count.

You fill in all this information on the cover sheet too, but you should still have a proper title page with all the information given in the cover sheet.

Edited by Charliepants
  • Like 1