Well, have you found a restaurant you can do your IA on yet? It's very difficult/actually quite a bad idea to come up with your RQ without considering what the restaurant actually is - and how much information/data is available to you.

If you have got a restaurant, then great! We can't exactly give you your research question though, as that is something you're marked on, but maybe think about what the strengths/weaknesses of the actual restaurant are, and how the weaknesses could become strengths? Could you propose any strategies to improve the restaurant's profit/customer base/etc further? (Then you could analyse whether such a strategy would be worth implementing or not). I think forward looking RQs are best, so maybe also think about what the restaurant's long-term goal/vision is and how this could be achieved? I hope this gives you some ideas :)

• Like 2

So, for my BM IA - I want to do it on a restaurant.

What are the possible research questions I can use, or even an outline of one would be greatly appreciated!

First take a look at your B&M syllabus. think of where business theories are actually applied and possibly how you could connect them to real life. But first there has to be some sort of problem.

Bluedino's post pretty much sums everything up so if you understand that you could try looking for ways to improve any particular aspect.

Take a look at sample IAs. some people work on employee motivation, investment decisions, things like that. So talk to your restaurant owner. Is he/she planning on implementing some sort of change in his restaurant? does he/she have any plans for the upcoming future? so you could investigate the feasibility of actually implementing one of those ideas.

did that help?

• Like 2