4 HLs and 7 subjects

Spacecat

In my opinion, just doing 3 HLs and 3 SLs takes a lot of work and self-discipline. I think that if you're willing to drop everything (from your social life to outdoor activity) for the IB Program, it wouldn't be as bad as if you didn't drop everything because you would be making time to do everything required. Nonetheless, there would still be a lot of work, a lot of studying, and when you take your tests, you will have even more to do. I think that it is feasible, but you must be disciplined and willing to spend the time necessary to do it.

• Like 1

Is it really hard to take 4 HLs and 7 subjects for the diploma?

4HLs are okay if you are a really disciplined student. You don't have to be a complete shut-in but you might perhaps spent a few extra weekends doing coursework and such.

7 subjects are just... unless you're really really interested, don't bother.

• Like 1

Nah, it's not that hard. But come May exam time, you might be overrun a little bit with your timetable. However, if you're confident (at least reasonably) in your ability to manage your time effectively and be disciplined about your academic career and possess a higher than average general academic rigour, I see no reason for you to not succeed with 7 (or even more) IB subjects, it's perfectly doable. :)

...And if, for whatever reason, you ever do feel overwhelmed, there's nothing stopping you from dropping a subject.

Edited by Arrowhead
  • Like 1

Guest Skyrior

If you're naturally talented in one or more subjects (e.g. you are good at mathematics already, achieving extremely high competence comparable to that of those at the end of IB), 7 subjects feel like 6 subjects. (duh)

Edited by Skyrior