Prescribed Lit. List

I have seen the prescribed lit. list, but I can't see many of the titles. For example, I can't see any of the titles in poetry or in short story.

Also, what is the recommended number of books to read before the Lit. exam? Any number for each genre? Recommended books?

Thanks!

Guest B.E.P.

The Prescribed List of Authors is only the list of accepted authors for the IB exam. You will not see specific titles, only names of authors. This list can be found on page 42.

http://www.ibo.org/iba/workshops/documents/DPC1LangALiterature.pdf

Allow me to clarify:

For English A: Literature HL: you need to study a total of thirteen works (ten for SL), divided into four parts.

Part 1: Translated Works (The Written Assignment/World Lit)

You need to study three (two for SL) works that were not written originally in English, these works are listed by works, not by authors, on a separate list called the Prescribed Works in Translation, which can be found on page 62 of the same document.

Part 2: Detailed Study (IOC)
You need to study three (two for SL) works, each from a different genre and one MUST be a collection of poetry. The Prescribed List of Authors is also divided into genres and these must be selected from this document.

Part 3: Groups of Works: (Paper 2)

You need to study four works (three for SL), each from the same genre. These are also chosen from the Prescribed List of Authors.

Part 4: School's Free Choice (IOP)
Three works (three for SL) with no restrictions on them.

No author can be repeated more than once in a part, and there are other restrictions such as place and time that the document highlights.

I hope this was of use to you!

The Prescribed List of Authors is only the list of accepted authors for the IB exam. You will not see specific titles, only names of authors. This list can be found on page 42.

http://www.ibo.org/iba/workshops/documents/DPC1LangALiterature.pdf

Allow me to clarify:

For English A: Literature HL: you need to study a total of thirteen works (ten for SL), divided into four parts.

Part 1: Translated Works (The Written Assignment/World Lit)

You need to study three (two for SL) works that were not written originally in English, these works are listed by works, not by authors, on a separate list called the Prescribed Works in Translation, which can be found on page 62 of the same document.

Part 2: Detailed Study (IOC)

You need to study three (two for SL) works, each from a different genre and one MUST be a collection of poetry. The Prescribed List of Authors is also divided into genres and these must be selected from this document.

Part 3: Groups of Works: (Paper 2)

You need to study four works (three for SL), each from the same genre. These are also chosen from the Prescribed List of Authors.

Part 4: School's Free Choice (IOP)

Three works (three for SL) with no restrictions on them.

No author can be repeated more than once in a part, and there are other restrictions such as place and time that the document highlights.

I hope this was of use to you!

Thanks a lot!