TOK oral presentation

Molly Wilding

Hello,

I've really been struggling with Tok, we haven't been taught the entire course due to teachers leaving. I've just finished the Tok essay, and now I really have to start working on my Tok presentation. My Presentation is in six days, and I still have no topic or question or KI or RLS. I am very stressed out. Can any alumni give a a topic that i can develop a question from, that has potential to lead to good marks, and link to many aoks and woks.

I'm really sorry to be a hassle. But I only have 6 days left. :'-(

Well, you should ideally/really try and find your own real life situation, rather than just using something that someone else gave you. I think the best real life situation is a bit more specific, rather than something really broad, i.e. a specific event that has happened. For me, it was helpful to read the news - go to a website and quickly skim through all the latest headlines, as well as looking back at all the events of the past few months - I also found filtering my articles search by adding in tags like 'knowledge' or 'science' made it easier to find real life situations more appropriate for the task. Think in a TOK mindset and you'll probably find a few articles that will give you a great idea for the presentation or have a good underlying issue you could expand and do as a KI. Hope this helps & good luck! :)

Edited by bluedino
  • Like 1

A bit cliché but what about Orson Scott Card and his homophobia

Is it ethical to watch Ender's Game given the fact that he has specifically said that he believes gays should be rounded up and shot

You could also bring up the Roman Polanski as well as Woody Allen - both of them have been accused of sexual assault, does watching their movies means you support sexual assault? By supporting them, are you indirectly supporting their actions. Is the artist and the work of the artist separate?

You could also do something about the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.

Lots of countries are helping with the search and rescue mission so you could do something on the ethical obligation to help those in need

Could potentially bring up the bystander effect as well as instances where countries have absolved another country of their sovereign debt - i.e. Haiti after the 2010 earthquake