Math EE - (poker) finding a player-style that beats the other 2 players-styles

Domy

Hi, I'm doing my EE in maths, specifically poker.

Basically, first I am going to define the player styles of 2 players,

then make them play against each other, find out who wins,

and then I'm going to create a 3rd player that will win against the other two,

either 1v1 (i.e. one at a time) or 1v1v1 (playing against both at the same time).

I have 5 weeks to finish my ee, and I haven't really done much, any ideas on how to make this all work? :)

1. The deadline for extended essay for May 2014 session is March 15th which has already passed.

2. Based on your description your topic is more computer science-y (and I don't even know if that's alright for computer science) than mathematics, as you are not going to do any mathematics (yes computer science is mathematics but not for EE) in the extended essay. So you should either modify the topic or change the subject area (research on the extended essay requirement for computer science before you do that).

It's 2015, changed that :) my school wants us to finish our EEs in IB1, so we have to hand them in on 29th April.

I talked to my supervisor and she said that it's kinda late to change topics when only 1 month is left, but if it's extra necessary I may do that.

Do you think I should stick with this one?

Or maybe there some cool inspirational places to find new topics?

I'm not quite sure, what did your supervisor say about your topic?

If your supervisor said the topic is okay then you can probably just alter the topic in some way to make it fit the mathematics criteria, if she didn't know /didn't like it then probably you should change the topic to get a better grade.

See this link for a subject report on mathematics so you would know what the examiners want.

http://ibcb.ca/ee/math/matheereport2010.pdf

And here are some good extended essays.

http://www.globaljaya.net/secondary/IB/Some%20EE%20Examples/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsecondary%2fIB%2fSome%20EE%20Examples%2f50%20Good%20EE%20Examples%20From%20IBO%20CD&FolderCTID=&View={022C45DC-0182-408B-BA31-5AB0361C1A23}

I'm not sure where you could go to find new ideas/topics, but IMO problems and such seem to work fine.