MATH HELP - TOPIC OVERVIEW (Question)

Lew Talon

Hey guys,

Alright ill be straight forward, I'm in Math SL right now, and I am getting an average 4. I don't want a 4, I want to at least get a 6. Also, dont give me the advice to go down to Math Studies, because I know I can do this, but I just feel like I dont have the right resources. Does anyone, have a guide, or maybe a whole overview (study guide) which might have some questions at the end or something. Just want to do this over break so I can be set for when I go back to school. Thanks so much everyone, I will +rep anyone who can give me this.

Hey guys,

Alright ill be straight forward, I'm in Math SL right now, and I am getting an average 4. I don't want a 4, I want to at least get a 6. Also, dont give me the advice to go down to Math Studies, because I know I can do this, but I just feel like I dont have the right resources. Does anyone, have a guide, or maybe a whole overview (study guide) which might have some questions at the end or something. Just want to do this over break so I can be set for when I go back to school. Thanks so much everyone, I will +rep anyone who can give me this.

Perhaps you should buy a study guide or a better course book for your course and get some more knowledge from that and some exercises to make? What Mathematics SL book do you use right now?

Edited by Lynxarin

Hey guys,

Perhaps you should buy a study guide for your course and get some more knowledge from that and some exercises to make? What Mathematics SL book do you use right now?

Im using the Oxford Math SL textbook -

9780198390114.jpeg

Any ideas where I could get a study guide from?

Hey guys,

Perhaps you should buy a study guide for your course and get some more knowledge from that and some exercises to make? What Mathematics SL book do you use right now?

Im using the Oxford Math SL textbook -

9780198390114.jpeg

Any ideas where I could get a study guide from?

I found this one on amazon, don't know if it is good or bad but anyway; http://www.amazon.com/Mathematics-Examination-Secrets-Study-Guide/dp/1627337504 and the IBO has this book; https://store.ibo.org/mathematics-sl it's for the old syllabus but you can probably use most parts of the book :)

Edited by Lynxarin

This Youtube channel has many Maths SL videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mathsl1

Now you can get a proper textbook but make sure you use this textbook to PRACTICE. As boring as this sounds buying a textbook will not magically get you a 6/7.You unfortunately have to do some work. Now this doesn't have to be such a bad thing because although Math SL can be boring once you understand problems it feels good to do them and the more you do them the easier they get. Others have already suggested what seems to be good textbooks.

Now you wanted a study guide along with practice questions so I have to recommend you this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mathematical-Preparation-Practice-International-Baccalaureate/dp/187654399X

You have some time to get yourself enough practice to get a 7 even if you work hard. Be sure to ask for help form others including your teacher if you are stuck on a concept or practice problem.