Exploration SL - Correlation

Ipek K

Hello everyone,

I haven't even decided on my exploration topic yet but I need to hand in my introduction and sources tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing something related to the correlation between life expectancy and countries GDP. I will connect that to Chapter 10 Bivariate Analysis. I am just not sure whether this topic is enough (this may not be 1000+ words) for SL exploration. I actually found this idea in the textbook and I can easily find data on the internet. But I don't want the whole paper filled with graphs. Can anyone advice something? How can I lengthen it? Or how can I relate this to the maths more?

Thanks in advance:) Ill really appreciate your help IB fellows:)

Hello everyone,

I haven't even decided on my exploration topic yet but I need to hand in my introduction and sources tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing something related to the correlation between life expectancy and countries GDP. I will connect that to Chapter 10 Bivariate Analysis. I am just not sure whether this topic is enough (this may not be 1000+ words) for SL exploration. I actually found this idea in the textbook and I can easily find data on the internet. But I don't want the whole paper filled with graphs. Can anyone advice something? How can I lengthen it? Or how can I relate this to the maths more?

Thanks in advance:) Ill really appreciate your help IB fellows:)

Hi there,

The length of the IA does not really matter, but the quality does. My teacher always say that if the work is good even if it is 2 or 3 page it will be enough. I had faced the similar problem before, my entire IA was filled with graphs but first while writing IA I plotted graph, wrote rationale and introduction and conclusion. When these all things are done I added content by briefly describing my analysis on my observations. Check your math IA criteria, and see whether it fulfill its condition.And do not aim to make this IA more than 1000+ words for the sake of expanding it, remember here the numbers and calculations rules in maths not words :) !

Well good luck for your Math IA, hope I helped you. :)

Edited by Black Bird Lockheed
  • Like 1