Will 8 mark questions be in paper 2?

trl96

As you all know, paper 2 of the psychology paper has only 22 markers, thus leaving me baffled as to why there are 8 mark questions in the options, for example in abnormal " Describe symptoms and prevalence of one anxiety/affective/eating disorder" is an 8 mark question.

does this mean i can disregard the 8 markers? or is there a chance they will be there but be considered as 22 markers?

Im so confused, please help

You've got it all mixed up, here's the structure:

Paper 1 (2 hours) Core:

- Section A: 3 compulsory short answer questions (8 marks) - should take you 20 mins for each one so 1 hour total

- Section B: 3 long answer questions (22 marks) one from each biological, cognitive and sociocultural and you choose one to answer - approx 1 hour for the essay

Paper 2 (2 hours) Options:

You have 3 questions from each option and you choose one question from each (1 hour per question). For example, I do abnormal and health so I would choose one of three questions from abnormal, then I'd choose one of three questions from health, both 22 marks.

HL Only: Paper 3 (1 hour) Qualitative Research Methodology:

You will receive a stimulus material on which you will have to answer three 10 mark questions.

Good Luck! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It got me confused too! There are also "define" and "differentiate" questions in the human relationships section. But my book (I use the Oxford one) has this "possible exam question" sections and in the abnormal chapter is has: "Describe symptoms and prevalence of one disorder. Evaluate one therapeutic approach to this disorder" as a possible exam question.

So my understanding is that they combine the 8 markers with another question. But I'm not sure if it has been an actual exam question before.

Good luck!