CAS activity supervisors

Just wondering... is there a guideline somewhere that stipulates who can/cannot sign off as having supervised a CAS activity? For example, if another teenager developed and ran a camp program that I am using for service, can that person sign for my CAS hours? (She is not in the same IB program.)

Or are there rules about who can verify the hours?

Thanks.

My CAS coordinator said that nearly anyone can sign off for your CAS. For example, if I'm running for action, and I have my best friend time me, or my mom, either of them can sign off for me. The only thing he highly discouraged was signing off for yourself. You want some accountability :)

• 3 months later...

At my school as well, we are only allowed to get it signed by adults. Our parents don't usually get allowed to sign the activity unless the activity was something like jogging for half an hour each night in which case parents were allowed to sign (because there isnt really anyone else who can vouch that you did indeed went out for a jog).

Other students however (whether in IB or not) are not allowed to sign the papers in our school.

So it also depends on the activity.

Honestly, I feel that it is safer to just get some adult to sign it because who wants to risk not getting your diploma for something as insignificant as who signed your CAS?

Often our CAS-supervisor (or the extra-curricular teacher) at your school signs activities that do not otherwise have an obvious supervisor. 

So talk to teachers that are closely involved with CAS or your IB co-ordinator.