Morning of Exam Routine?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what the best thing to do on the morning of an exam is?

Obviously you would have done all your study by then, but is it better to review notes, or just relax?

Also, what's the best food to eat the morning of your exam?

Thanks.

P.S - I know this might sound a bit obsessive, but I really do want to do well!

• Like 2

Well, for me, it depends on when I studied recently. If I studied a night before the exam, I would just relax on that they since I can remember pretty much all of it. Or if you are still afraid of forgetting things, just skim through, and don't spend too much time reading things one by one. And if you don't remember anything at all because you studied too long ago, I suggest you to study , not 'relax'.

And just wanna add that don't relax too much, otherwise you could forget what you had learned. I hope this helps!

• Like 1

Day before: Get your stuff ready. Sleep early.

Exam day: Eat something substantial but maybe something that won't make you too sleepy. Just run through your notes if you need to. Or if you have prepared a list before hand of stuff-you-need-to-remember-but-always-forget. You can read that before the exam too. My teacher used to say don't read anything half an hour before (or was it one hour) cause you might find out that you don't know something and start panicking but it depends on you and what you're like before exams.

It doesn't hurt to check through your equipment. Apart from the basic stationary, check for calculator batteries, etc.

Take a deep breath. Use your reading time to gather your thoughts. Take a deep breath + relax and do your paper.

Then get ready for next exam or...or...or...
Celebrate!!

All the best!

• Like 3

A good breakfast, a glass of fresh orange juice and a piece of paper with a select group of last minute facts to remember. Obviously leave yourself LOADS of time to get to the exam venue and make sure you have the right stuff the night before. I used to try and do more work on the morning of exams but now I just have my shortlist of facts and then I try to sit and chat with my friends. It helps calm you down so you're in a less frenetic frame of mind, and if you only have a small list of things to remember then you can easily master it and feel like you're on top of stuff before going in. Nothing I've ever read on the morning of an exam has ever gone in - however last minute facts I've discussed with friends have come up in the past! If you compare their last minute notes to your last minute notes sometimes you can pick up useful things.

Go to bed early the night before is great advice... in an ideal scenario you want to be really well rested, although I'm sure I can't be the only one to have sleepless nights before exams! I usually struggle to get off to sleep and then wake up an hour early, it's so annoying!

Oh and take a bottle of water, go to the loo and for god's sake don't break any exam rules. PHONE AWAY.

• Like 6

After having tried both approaches to exam morning routines, I would say that relaxing and getting enough food/water is highly preferable to mad cramming and revision. By all means, take a quick 10-15 minute read of your very final summary revision notes half an hour before exam start. But don't start too late, and my advice would be to leave the last 5-10 minutes before an exam to chill and get in the zone. That last-minute cramming won't be that efficient!

• Like 2

On the day of the exam you have the opportunity to prove that you have learned well and worked hard during your two years. You can finally finish this exam. At this point you should not be cramming but instead should try to remain calm. Just do your best and stay healthy. Also in addition to looking over quick notes you may also want to have some notes on exam tips or how to answer a question.

An example could be the structure of answering an essay question or common mistakes to avoid.

• Like 1