Physics SL Option; Help!

Cherrlp09

Hi guys!

So I'll have my physics exam after 5-6 days. I don't know which option I should learn. Our physics teacher left 3 months ago, and he was very unexperienced teacher + we had many unexperienced teachers last year, because it was the first time they started the IB programme. I am very bad at physics but it was my only option..

So my question is about paper 3 SL option. I have learned Astrophysics, and I think i'll get some points there, however I don't know what to learn for my second option. We were recommended to choose Quantum and Nuclear physics however its really hard for me..

What do you think about digital technology? Do you think its a "theory based" option..?

Thanks so much!

Frankly, there's not too much time for cherry-picking now. I'd recommend you go over the syllabus and see which option appeals to you the most, and stick with it. The syllabus should also give you an idea of what is theory-based and what isn't, and you can also see this to some extent through the data booklet.

• Like 2

Digital Technology (which I'm guessing is the same as the HL core chapter) isn't too difficult, and it has very little calculations so the questions are pretty simple. Also, a lot of the digital technology content is stuff you would already know based on using digital technology in your day to day life such as the advantages/disadvantages of CDs and vinyl etc.

I would definitely pick digital technology over quantum & nuclear physics. The HL part of quantum & nuclear physics (which I'm pretty sure is the same as the SL option) was, in my opinion, the hardest conceptually. The calculations aren't too bad but the concepts are quite difficult and counterintuitive and would take more than 5 days to grasp. So I'd advise that you do digital technology.

• Like 3

Digital Technology (which I'm guessing is the same as the HL core chapter) isn't too difficult, and it has very little calculations so the questions are pretty simple. Also, a lot of the digital technology content is stuff you would already know based on using digital technology in your day to day life such as the advantages/disadvantages of CDs and vinyl etc.

I would definitely pick digital technology over quantum & nuclear physics. The HL part of quantum & nuclear physics (which I'm pretty sure is the same as the SL option) was, in my opinion, the hardest conceptually. The calculations aren't too bad but the concepts are quite difficult and counterintuitive and would take more than 5 days to grasp. So I'd advise that you do digital technology.

big thanks!