SL Maths 2014 New Syllabus help !

2014survivor

Hey,

Like many of you I've been doing past papers for the maths exam on Tuesday however I haven't done many questions off the new syllabus only the ones on the specimen paper and they seemed kinda' strange. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can practice new syllabus stuff because I'm kinda' clueless !! Also I don't really KNOW what's new, I just know that there are no matrices tbh.. ( I know shameful)

I've seen some videos from this guy who has gone over the specimen paper but that's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp7LFC4nUTs

Also do they seem kinda' hard or is it just me ?

Thanks

Hi

I've been doing past papers for months like everyone else I guess, but only looked up the specimen paper as a result of reading your post- my teachers hadn't told me about it!

The main change to the SL paper for this year is the taking out of matrices, and replacement with PMCC and regression in the calculator paper. However, my teachers also told me we're much more likely to get binomial and normal distributions than in previous years as they're easier to work out now that it is compulsory to have a graphical calculator.

What's often strook me about previous specimen papers is that they focus on the new stuff in the course and less on the things which have been on previous papers. Therefore the paper probably seems odd as it's very focused around PMCC and using the graphical calculator in comparison to the old papers.

As I said, I haven't done the paper (but have now found it online) but my teachers have said that the specimen papers are always a little odd after the syllabus has changed so as to accommodate the new stuff.

Hope this helps!

Koura

• 2 weeks later...