Programming as CAS? What if theres pay?

Hello IB Survival, I am a Junior in IB, and i'm currently working on a game for the iOS devices. Im using objective-c in XCODE to make the game, pure apple code from pure scratch. Its a new skill that i learned, and im working collaboratively with a friend. I can definitely reflect many hours on this project, and making it fit into CAS is no problem.
HOWEVER, after working so hard on the game and realizing its potential, me and my partner decided to make the game have advertisements, for which we would receive payment depending on user impressions. I couldn't find a definite answer online, nor have i asked my CAS coordinator, but does anybody know whether i can fit this into CAS if i would receive payment? You can technically call this a business startup, but its only technical since i am under 18. Thanks for any answers in advance...

Programming is fine for the reasons you described above (learned new skills and collaborating). However, the moment you get paid, it stops becoming CAS. If you'd like to count this as a CAS activity that's fine, just include the hours you did before earning money and not any hours afterward (such as maintenance, debugging, etc).

Programming is fine for the reasons you described above (learned new skills and collaborating). However, the moment you get paid, it stops becoming CAS. If you'd like to count this as a CAS activity that's fine, just include the hours you did before earning money and not any hours afterward (such as maintenance, debugging, etc).

This is a great idea.

Just to be sure though, make sure you check with your CAS coordinator that this is okay. At the end of the day, it is him or her that decides whether you complete your CAS or not, not the IB. So make sure that they are fine with it.

• 1 year later...