Really Really Confused <Uni offers>

Stereoisomer

Because I live in NZ, I sit my IB exams in November.

I will try to apply to some universities in UK, USA, Australia and of course New Zealand. The problem is they ALL have different offer/acceptance dates!

NZ/Australia: Jan-Feb
America: March-May
UK: I have no idea but later than May Im sure

If I got accepted into a New Zealand University in Feb, and I accepted the offer. 2 months later an American University also accepted my application, can I still transfer?

This has been bugging me for a long time. Thanks for answering!

You're thinking way too ahead into this.

NZ, you can apply for admission in July so that you have sufficient time for the US / UK unis.
If you don't want to do that:

UK: Apply in August 2010, for admission in Sept 2011. You will start receiving offers in Nov up to Feb/Mar. If you apply that early, you will get most of your offers in January. Once you get your grades in Jan, and should you have any conditional offers, you can either meet the offer and that makes it unconditional and you're in to the university, or you don't meet any offer, and if you're still intent on a UK uni, then you can go through clearing in August.
US: Most unis will reply from March - April in 2011, even if you apply in Sept. Remember that you will have to do the SATs and various other application forms, around the time of your exams. Do you really want to mess up exam time preparing for longwinded US university applications?

If you apply for admission in NZ (in March 2011), then I'm afraid you won't be able to consider the US, unless you delay the NZ application to either July or March 2012. I'm sure you can transfer, but you'll lose the money you will have paid to the university.

[quote name='Aboo' post='21404' date='Aug 3 2008, 12:20 AM']You're thinking way too ahead into this.

NZ, you can apply for admission in July so that you have sufficient time for the US / UK unis.
If you don't want to do that:

UK: Apply in August 2010, for admission in Sept 2011. You will start receiving offers in Nov up to Feb/Mar. If you apply that early, you will get most of your offers in January. Once you get your grades in Jan, and should you have any conditional offers, you can either meet the offer and that makes it unconditional and you're in to the university, or you don't meet any offer, and if you're still intent on a UK uni, then you can go through clearing in August.
US: Most unis will reply from March - April in 2011, even if you apply in Sept. Remember that you will have to do the SATs and various other application forms, around the time of your exams. Do you really want to mess up exam time preparing for longwinded US university applications?

If you apply for admission in NZ (in March 2011), then I'm afraid you won't be able to consider the US, unless you delay the NZ application to either July or March 2012. I'm sure you can transfer, but you'll lose the money you will have paid to the university.[/quote]

I know.. I think I worry way too much!!!!
You said something that I have never considered before. I don't think I want to mess up my IB exams because of the tiresome US university applications. (Personal statements, SAT etc etc) So I will probably stay in NZ or go to Australia. Or if I am smart enough I will make an attempt to apply for Uni. in UK which means I will have to sit the BMAT....! There isn't even a BMAT test centre in NZ!!! So I will have to go to my nearest test centre which is in Melbourne. And the BMAT also clashes with the IB exams in November...

Ahhhhhhhhh!

But Im sure everything will work out when the time comes..

Thank you:)