Is it worth to take a A level language on High level?

Luleline

Hi,

i want to study in England and recently i have heard that some subjects are better than the others, i mean universities like some subjects better.

So firstly my plan was to take :

Polish Hl

English Hl

Geography Hl

Biology Sl

Maths Sl

History Sl

But now i am thinking if there is any sense in doing hl Polish, maybe i should just do hl History.

Futhermore, i am thinking about changing from biology sl to chemistry sl, is it a good idea?

It all depends on what you want to study at uni. By what you have there it looks like you want to go into some kind of human science/language. If you tell me what you want to study I can give you better advice. Generally speaking all those subjects are considered to be appropriate by universities. About sciences the big difference is that biology has a lot more memorising to do but chemistry has harder concepts to understand. It comes down to what you like better and what you feel comfortable with. Hope I helped.

Edited by emmapatregnani

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't HL in a language that you're not fluent in, but other than that, you should take the HLs of your best subjects. If you want to go in to law or politics, maybe you should consider and HL in history rather than geo. You know your strengths and goals better than anyone, though, so trust your instinct.

If you want to do PPE ( I am planning to apply for PPE at a couple of unis) then you are better of with History rather than Geo.

My advice might be to drop Geo altogether and then have both Polish and History. 

But if you have your heart set on Geo, it may be a better idea to have History HL - 

1. It is a subject that uni's like when students apply for courses like PPE or Law

2. It is incredibly difficult to score well in a language A HL

• 3 weeks later...