maths sl ia need urgent help

meenaa

Hello everyone,

I have just received my first draft back for my maths exploration ia .   My teachers comment was it did not have enough maths in it.   I have asked my teacher for last two three weeks about my concern regarding not meeting the maths criteria he said he will look at the draft and give suggestions.   But guess what no suggestions on my returned draft just letting me know i need to concentrate on the maths side of the project. 

I did my exploration on using logarithms to  earthquakes and  I have run out of ideas on how to include more maths calculation into this project.     

i have upload the project can some one help me with this please-    any ideas to include more maths calculation please.

I  was  looking at putting in tsunami calculation bernoulli theorem ( is this maths or physics theorem i am not sure) as my project was based on the 2006 boxing day tsunami.   Or look into the maths modelling of predicting earth quakes and tsunami.    

please i need help 

thanks

meena

Edited by meenaa

I took a quick glance at the IA and it seems that you've explained the equations but have not done much math yourself. Try working on that.

Also, take down the file, your IA isn't graded yet, even if no one steals it IBO might still detect it online and think you plagiarized.

• Like 2

Heey, i looked at your IA, and you basically have more words than math. something you should do is show every step of your calculations and then describe whats happening afterwards. Also, maybe try some logarithmic graphs if it helps what you're trying to say, and i dont know if you've done so cuz it was a very brief look, but maybe try to come up with your own logarithmic function and put it to the test? (just a suggestion) ALSO TAKE THE DOCUMENT OFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, some could either plagiarize your work, or think that you plagiarized it. Good Luck.

• 2 months later...