Language A: Literature self-taught IOP (Option 1) HELP?

vals

Hey there,

I'm an Italian A: Lit self-taught student and I'm having some problems constructing my course of study.
I don't really know what authors and titles to choose as my Part 4 works, which, as I understand, can only be Prose non-fiction for self-taught students.
My Italian syllabus encompasses a selection of essayists only (although the authors have obviously written things other than essays, the section of my syllabus is called "Essays" so I guess I'm only allowed to choose from their selection of essays) but I don't really know what sort of presentation will I carve out of essays...

I'm undecided about the choice I'll make in terms of authors: should I pick authors who have dealt with one specific issue in Italy's history, have discussed the evolution of language, or should I go for authors who have written many short essays about various topics, spacing from abortion to semantic problems?

At first I wanted to make my presentation about the practice of torture and show how the points of view of two authors collimated on the issue (but it's rather obvious, even Wikipedia states that one author was inspired by the other...) I thought it'd be too cliché.

So I'm considering the option of talking about authors who have dwelt into the Italian society and examined it socially, economically, politically... Etc etc.

I'm quite confused, does anyone have a clue about how the presentations for OPTION 1 (the only option I have!) have to be structured and what would make a suitable topic?

I'm not asking you guys to find me a topic... But I need to sort my ideas out a bit, I don't even know where to start.

Edited by vals