BMAT scores

turquoiseisblue

I'm interested in writing the BMAT test this November. I was wondering what universities consider to be an acceptable or good BMAT score. I tried looking at the requirements posted on university websites but there are no specific numbers. I am not sure if this would help, but the university that I am considering is Manchester. I would greatly appreciate if someone would be able to provide some insight. Thank you in advance.

Well I may be out of date with this, but do Manchester require the BMAT? :blink: I thought it was a UKCAT kind of place. It is fairly key that you sit the correct exams for where you want to apply!

You are correct that there are no specific numbers. The best bet is to do well ;) However I think UCL offer a guaranteed interview to anybody who scores over a certain amount (or they used to) so might be worth googling that. And the UKCAT is used a lot more widely. Some Universities I know have UKCAT cut-off scores (Sheffield, for instance) but I don't know if they advertise the exact figure.

At the end of the day, knowing the scores and cut-off and stuff isn't going to affect your performance. Thanks to the timing of the BMAT you'll have applied before you get your results, most probably. The UKCAT you can be a bit more strategic with, however, because if you do poorly in it you can just apply to BMAT-only Unis. It's not uncommon to do really well in one of the exams and not so well in the other. The UKCAT is a glorified IQ test with pattern matching and all that jazz, whereas the BMAT tests you on basic scientific knowledge (you can base this loosely on GCSE requirements and just general pre-IB level of knowledge) and writing/arguing skills.