studying food science and nutrition

jina

i'm in my second year of ib and up until now I had been very unsure of what i wanted to study in university

i'm quite interested in food science and nutrition so I think i may want to go towards those subjects in

university. Some prerequisites state that i need to have taken one science at HL and I have only taken

chemistry at SL, obviously i cannot change subjects now because I am in my second year and it is too late

do i have no chance of being able to study this subject in uni?

Hello Jina,

I am also hoping to major in Nutrition in university and i'm currently only taking HL Biology. I would say it depends on the university you wish to study at, but most US universities don't really care, since you can usually take those basic science courses there.

I don't think you should worry about it, but again, if you're applying to the US, you can maybe take the biology subject tests. You can study from the subject test text books independently (they're usually straight-forward). It shows the admissions that you're a good fit if you score well on those.

Hope this helps :)

• 5 years later...

Hi, I am now in pre-IB and I am going to choose my DP cources. 

I am very interested in nutrition  and also want to study nutrition in the future.

but in my school, our chem teachers are not very nice and i am not sure whether choose chem or not( if i choose it, my GPA may be pretty low……)

moreover, i am not so talented at chem and i still need to improve. 

how about your current situation? did you successfully apply for your dream school?