History IA on 9/11- desperately need help!

elmo_syko

Hey guys,

So I wanted to do my History IA on 9/11 conspiracy theories, which counts as a piece of history due to it being 10 years ago now. My first question was about how evidence "supports or refutes the belief of conspiracy theories in 9/11", but my History teacher told me the question was problematic, and that my draft was pretty bad, and instead I should make it "What evidence points towards US Government complicity in the 9/11 attacks?"

I want to know if this is worth trying, or if I should just scrap it and start again. I'm starting to get a wee bit stressed out as the IA is due in in two weeks!!

What makes your topic especially challenging is the fact that the controversy and heated debate around the 9/11 attacks makes it incredibly hard to find unbiased sources. Thus, when evaluating your sources, you need to be very critical. Choosing a topic such as yours means you will need to put in much more effort to succeed in it credibly. Honestly, however, I would stay away from a subject like the 9/11 attacks since the topic itself will make examiners more critical when evaluating your work, and it will be challenging to stay away from personal bias. Choosing a less recent, less controversial topic would lessen the chance that your IA would seem biased towards your personal view of events, and thus make your job much easier.

• Like 1