ToK Presentation - HELP!

Mrs Tomm

For the TOK presentation, the knowledge question should be open-ended and be based solely on knowledge.

So for example this question: "To what extent can we consider animal testing unethical?" would not be a very good question for your TOK presentation, as it focuses mainly on the real life situation and not knowledge itself.

So, this question for example: "To what extent are our judgements influenced on ethics and culture?" would be better than the first question, as it uses the TOK AoKs, Woks etc.

I think for your question, you should focus on ethics and perhaps culture? Just look at the TOK hexagon thingy to help you.

I hope this is helpful!

• Like 1

I agree with Icdrz, the only thing that I would say to look out for is that ethics is very tough to write and present about for the reason that your presentation has to relate to "how we know what we know." In the case of ethics, you would need to talk about how we know that animal testing and abuse is wrong due to morals. When people typically talk about ethics the presentation can become more about an ethical dilemma rather than a knowledge issue. Hopefully this helps! Also, definitely check this page out as it can help you form a knowledge question and also see how you should process it and answer it:

http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/13822-tok-presentation-official-guide/