Dropping Ib?

firereaction

It really depends on what classes you plan on taking if you quit the IB programme. IB courses aren't always aligned with your local curriculum, so you may be learning different things.

(for example, if you take biology, you've only finished half the ib biology curriculum, will taking the local curriculum complete the knowledge you're missing?) 

I know that UBC is one of the best universities to attend if you are an IB student. If you think you can work your butt off to get your diploma, you have a great chance of getting in. 

Well the local criculam is the same but less detailed. Besides we finished the entire ib syllabus. But which one is better for admission a mark in the 90s or 24 in ib?

And in the local cricula i will take bio chem physics math IT and french

Oh and if i drop ib ill get a certificatw that i participated would that help?

Edited by firereaction

You should choose the qualifaction that would make it more possible for you to get into UBC with the highest score you will be able to get (keep in mind that you can still improve your IB score in your second year of IB!).

However, IB will teach you time management skills that will help you at the university so as long as you're sure that you can get into UBC with IB, I highly recommend you staying.

IB only pays off if you have a high score. with 24 points, you'll be treated as "almost failed", just like you would be treated in any other program. Don't get me wrong, you can get into a university with 24 points, but not the good ones.