HL or SL?

rhapsodysiscaa

I first did the SL, but switched to HL later in the first semester. I must admit that I did not see any difference between the two courses in terms of pre-required knowledge, so she should be perfectly fine with HL even without having anterior experience.

As for the workload, HL psychology is a bit more work than the SL psychology, but that is the case with any HL subject. Since I found the subject very interesting, I never felt as if we were doing too much. Futhermore I'd do all of the options if possible.

Nevertheless, she should be aware that psychology is mostly memorising theories and studies that tend to explain behavior, and then writing 200 words long answers or 1000 words long essays, rather than just one sentence long answers of what certain hormone does to a person's behavior. That being said, SL people have to do one essay less in paper 2 (they do only one option) and have one paper less (they don't do paper 3 on the qualitative data) on the finals, so it is the better option if she is not fond of writing, but really likes psychology.

Good Luck!

I first did the SL, but switched to HL later in the first semester. I must admit that I did not see any difference between the two courses in terms of pre-required knowledge, so she should be perfectly fine with HL even without having anterior experience.

As for the workload, HL psychology is a bit more work than the SL psychology, but that is the case with any HL subject. Since I found the subject very interesting, I never felt as if we were doing too much. Futhermore I'd do all of the options if possible.

Nevertheless, she should be aware that psychology is mostly memorising theories and studies that tend to explain behavior, and then writing 200 words long answers or 1000 words long essays, rather than just one sentence long answers of what certain hormone does to a person's behavior. That being said, SL people have to do one essay less in paper 2 (they do only one option) and have one paper less (they don't do paper 3 on the qualitative data) on the finals, so it is the better option if she is not fond of writing, but really likes psychology.

Good Luck!

Thank you so muccchhhhhh!! :) :)

Good Luck!

Thank you so muccchhhhhh!! :) :)

No problem, glad to help.

Edited by OldFashioned