Anticipated Student- Regrade?

Hey everyone :)

Today I received my German B SL results and got a 6, and that I was two points away from a 7. Currently I'm thinking if I should request my exams to be regraded. I am aware of the fee that will have to be paid. At the moment I'm just thinking of asking my former teacher if she thinks it's worth it once the summer holidays end. But what do you think?

Should I request my results to be regraded?

This happened to me as well, I did Danish B SL anticipated in 2012 and got a 6 but was only 1 point away from a 7. I immediately requested a remark, however unfortunately for me since there is such a small number of examiners for Danish, my papers went back to the original examiner, who obviously wouldn't disagree with his own grading, hence my grade stayed exactly the same :/ I'm wondering whether its the same deal with the German examiners? If your grade changes for the better, you get your money back. I think it costs around 100 dollars, and a lot of people say a grade increase is pretty common. If your papers go back to the original examiner, I doubt anything will change.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I think I'll definitely apply for a remark, and hope for the best. Do you know to whom I'm supposed to go to request a remark? If it's the IB coordinator I'm going to have to wait until I start my year in 12th grade since the last one left the school and the new coordinator hasn't been revealed yet.

Thank you for your reply. I think I'll definitely apply for a remark, and hope for the best. Do you know to whom I'm supposed to go to request a remark? If it's the IB coordinator I'm going to have to wait until I start my year in 12th grade since the last one left the school and the new coordinator hasn't been revealed yet.

I have always been told that the IB Coordinator is our representative to the IBO and that the IBO will not deal with us directly, so I guess you have to wait and see who the new IBC is :/. It should be fine though since it was anticipated, then you don't need the results from the remark right away, but maybe you could contact someone from your school staff to let them know you are interested in remarking?