So I got my grades this sunday and I was expecting to fail (get really low) in math SL, but I thought I did very well in all my other subject, so that it would save me from failing to get a diploma. Unfortunately was i very wrong, and i only scored 23.... i was very close to get higher marks in most of my subject (3 to 5 points away), but my question now is if i should risk my economics exams and ask for an remark ( i was 1 point away from a 5) and so save my diploma?!

I took economics HL and my total score was 51 (one point from getting a 5 as total grade)

my coordinater send me all my components but told me it was my choice to make

Paper 1- grade 6= my marks 35 (boundaries 34-39)     moderated mark:35   scaled mark:21

Paper 2- grade 4= my marks 16 (boundaries 14-18)     moderated mark:16   scaled mark:12

Paper 3- grade 2= my marks 15 (bundaries 8-15)         moderated mark:15   scaled mark:6

IA- grade 5=my marks 27             raw marks: 28          moderated mark:27   scaled mark:12.000015

overall i'm a little shocked as i thought i did good in my economics exams.. but what can i do...

The question is now if i should go for a remark? The money isnt the issue, im more scared that if they lower me an entire grade (to 3) i will have to do eco retakes too...(total points in HL subjects has to be at least 12) but if they raise me i dont have to do math retakes... and so get my diploma(??!) My coordinator said that the scale marks can drastically change once grade... i still dont understand how they are set though?

I know the decision lies entirely by me, but i would love some help and thoughts!! and BIG Congratulations to those of you who made it you guys deserve it!!!!

• Like 1