Business & Management Extended Essay - Workplace Wellness

Hi! I wanted to start doing my extended essay for business & management. 

I was thinking about doing it on workplace wellness, so maybe something like this:

How workplace-based disease prevention and health promotion as a means of improving health can lower costs...

How can I improve this question?

Also, is it necessary to use primary research for the extended essay?

If so, do I just conduct surveys that can prove my point or how am I supposed to go about it?

Thank you!!!!!

This is a bit of a late response, but maybe this will help anyway.

First off, it would help to reword your RQ to an actual question. Right now it's like a tentative statement..

i.e. your RQ should be "How can workplace-based disease prevention and health promotion, as a means of improving health, lower costs?"

I also think "as a means of improving health" is a bit redundant, because that's already kind of suggested by "health promotion". But up to you.

As always, primary research is fantastic, but if your EE is only secondary research it should be fine. A combination of both is probably the best.

Surveys are one thing you can certainly use to get primary research and back up your argument in answering your EE RQ.

You could also try other primary research too, e.g. interview some people at local businesses in your area about your RQ, or email some people in business. 

As I mentioned, do secondary research too, e.g. look for articles/internet sites discussing your RQ.

More importantly, it sounds like you should get some statistics (either primary/secondary) showing whether workplace-based disease prevention/health promotion has increased/lowered costs in the past for some businesses.

To put it simply: you basically just need to figure out the answer to your RQ and get evidence to support your argument/s.
Just my thoughts; hope this helps! :)

Edited by bluedino