German Universities program

Clockwork

I have done some research on several German Universities, I found out some universities in Germany do not have a BA program, instead you do around 4-5 years of study and get a MA degree instead. I would like to know, is it a good choice to skip a BA degree and study for a MA degree straight away after IB? I heard the curriculum is quite intense. 

I don't know much about German Universities to be honest, however my sister did study Business and Management in University when we moved to south america, and it didn't seem to be that intense for her. She's not a straight A student either, so it's not as if she put too much effort in it. However, it'd be good to ask anyone that has attended such courses in German Universities specifically. We had to later move back so she is now only getting a BA after almost 5 years of studying instead of the MA she was going to get, which is a big disappointment to her. 

Anyways, I suggest you to mainly ask anyone that has been enrolled in such a program in German Universities, and also make sure that you're willing to put more effort into it. I personally would go for the option! Also, it might be different for the career you're choosing to study, or the pathway you want to follow. 

I think masters courses are more intense because you do them in a short period of time after doing a bachelors. I don't know about arts degrees but lots of my friends did MScs here in the UK (as in, their whole programme was an MSc programme rather than a BSc) in 4 years. They did Biology and Physics and so on. Anyway they said that it was actually not as much work as the 'proper' Masters people just because their work was spread over 4 years rather than 3 years of relative leniency then a year from hell doing a Masters :P One of my friends, her whole final year was just coursework because of how she'd figured it, didn't even have to sit any exams. Just write some essays and a dissertation.

Obviously that's not the german system, can't help you much with that, but I thought I'd tell you. Maybe you can find a german MA student on the long course and find out if it's also true there!