Failed the Math 30-1 IB final. Now what?

Nellidae302

I got 45% and my final mark dropped from 73% to 59%.

Should I retake the exam?

Am I still obligated to take the second IB course?

Should I just retake math but just regular Math 30-1, not IB?

Ultimately, I realized that IB was too much for me to handle too late. Now I'm just wondering what to do now. I'd probably be more upset if I actually knew what I wanted to do after High School. I don't even know what career path I want to take after post-secondary.

I was never in full IB and I dropped the IB course in English and Social. I'm not half bad in Bio IB, but I didn't do too well in Physics 20 IB. Like, I got little over 65%, which is enough to pass, but I'm wondering whether or not I should continue to Physics 30 IB as well.

Have you spoken to your teacher about whether your should drop or not? Do you know what is the IB grade equivalent in each of your classes? The local curriculum is definitely easier than the IB one, but it's not significantly easier. Look at the UBC equivalency table (I think most Canadian Unis use something very similar when they convert your score from IB to Ministry of Education %). Universities will take the higher percentage for certificate students - either the IB predicted grade to MoE equivalent, or your class grade. 

I got 45% and my final mark dropped from 73% to 59%.

Should I retake the exam?

Am I still obligated to take the second IB course?

Should I just retake math but just regular Math 30-1, not IB?

Ultimately, I realized that IB was too much for me to handle too late. Now I'm just wondering what to do now. I'd probably be more upset if I actually knew what I wanted to do after High School. I don't even know what career path I want to take after post-secondary.

I was never in full IB and I dropped the IB course in English and Social. I'm not half bad in Bio IB, but I didn't do too well in Physics 20 IB. Like, I got little over 65%, which is enough to pass, but I'm wondering whether or not I should continue to Physics 30 IB as well.

30-1? Sounds like you're in Alberta. I'm about to send you a private message (look at the mail icon on the top left or your screen) - hopefully I can help out!

edit: sent!

Edited by Rahul