a question on university approvals

Guest Linker

Guest Linker

Do the universities in the UK accept you if you get the predicted but your grades are average(mostly C's and B's and some A's)?? and I have one F in math studies but I finished a one year IB course so I'm taking statistics(cuz i wanna major in psychology and its heavy on statistics so i thought it would be a good idea to show how I am taking math seriously)
what do you think? please answer those two questions!!

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question, but out of general courtesy I will tell you this: Please do not write the topic in CAPITAL LETTERS. It makes everyone's eyes bleed. I know it makes your topic stand out better, but if everyone were to do it, the site would be impossible to read. Furthermore, you could at least [i]try[/i] to look at the different forums available on IB Survival. Had you done this, you perhaps would have noticed that your question is more suitable if posted in the [b]University[/b] forum.

I cannot answer your question in detail, but I can say, if your predicted grades are ****, then you can't expect a top class uni to accept you.

And Deissi, please do not double post. It's only a bit less troublesome then all Caps :P

[color="#0000FF"][i][b]Haha, double post deleted. ;)
HMSChocolate[/b][/i][/color]

First of all, I have no idea which country you are in so I don't know how they convert IB grades to the A scale.
Yes the UK unis will accept you if you make your predicted grades, that's just how it works. If your grades are average then you will just be going to an average uni (depending on the IB conversion from your A,B,C).
In your personal statement you must mention how you took a statistics course, that will show that even though you aren't great in math you are taking the initiative to improve stats which is all you need for psych anyway.

Summary of what you need to do:
Find out how your teachers convert IB grades so you can get an idea of your predicted total (include bonus points)
Go to UCAS and find the psych courses you will be able to apply for based on your predicted grades
Apply through UCAS and don't forget to include he stats course in your personal statement