EE in The Road by Cormac McCarthy

alicartman96

So Ive read the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy and I want to base my EE on it. For those of you who have read it do you think it is good enough on its on to do an EE about? If so what should be the topic? I was thinking the research question should be based on the theme desperation (or something like that). Any suggestions ladies and gents? 

_The Road_  is a fine choice for an EE. So you can rest assured of that.

BUT.... it is up to you to formulate a topic --- that is an important aspect of your learning, so we won't do it for you.

What you *should* do if you want our help is to make the effort to think up 2-3 possible topic options and ask us about these. THAT we can help you with. :)

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1

"Desperation" (I see you had one broad suggestion for a topic gestion) is a little too vague and limited for an EE. You want to do more than simply state that the mood of the novel exudes "desperation" and point to examples. The aim of the EE is to *explore* a question that is "worthy of research".

What other aspects of the novel and the way it has been written strike you as original or interesting? Has Corman McCarthy done something intriguing, original, daring, thought-provoking, and if so, what bearing does it have on a theme that stretches waaaay back to goodness knows-when (i.e. the enduring fear in civilized human society of an apocalypse). Is there a philosophical view implicit in the story that you think is worth investigating? You'll need to justify your choice not only to yourself but to the examiners.

See what you come up with using these.

• Like 1